Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Surgery



Sweet Kinley is now back in surgery.  She was originally scheduled for surgery to start at 12:30, but an emergent case came in and bumped her case back.  So it finally started at 2:00pm.  Makes for an extra long day for her since her last meal was last night.
Kinley wanted me to go back to the OR with her.  So I got to gown up and walk with her back there.  Boy was she squeezing my hand!  All day she was telling me she doesn't want surgery.   It was so sad.  When we got back to the room, she started to really panic.  I picked her up and put her on the table, and she refused to let go of my neck.  I was able to keep it together enough to tell her how incredibly much I loved her and would be waiting for her after surgery.  Poor girl was crying right until she fell asleep.  Hopefully I was able to give her some comfort. 
Surgery is supposed to take about 4 hours.  I'm praying she is able to get good rest tonight and we can keep her pain under control.
Thank you for keeping our sweet little girl in your prayers.  She sure is a loved little one!!!



2 comments:

Andrea said...

So glad you got to go back with her, I’m sure she was comforted being able to see you until she fell asleep. She is well loved!

The Sunday Family said...

So much love to you little miss, Mama and the whole family!!