Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Amazed

Its now been over a week since Kinley had surgery, and its hard to tell she had anything done!  This girl is a rock star!  Besides having a stiff neck and an impressive scar on the back of her head, she looks like any other kid.  I cant believe that a week ago she could not even sit up for a few seconds.  The poor baby was in constant pain.  And now she pushes me away when I ask her if anything hurts.  "I'm healing fine mom!"  That's the response I get now.
The hard part about it all is that Kinley may feel great, but we cant let her do the things she is used to doing.  She still needs to stay calm.  No running, jumping, and just plain being a kid.  Its hard!!  This is the girl who comes running into the living room, sees the couch in front of her, and does a back flip to get herself on it.  And then continues to stand on her head while watching TV.  So I'm a little scared to take my eyes off of her.  No telling what she would do when I'm not looking!
I think Kinley will be all ready to go back to school next week.  She misses her friends dearly and is sad every day when Carter leaves for school. 
We are so blessed to have Kinley healing up so well.  We go back to Seattle in 3 months.  At that time they will do another MRI.  Our hope is that this surgery has allowed the Syrinx in her spine to start to shrink.  Which would hopefully result in her spine going back to the midline.  And then we can eventually get rid of the brace she wears.  Hopefully things will just keep getting better and better for sweet Kinley.

No comments: