Saturday, January 27, 2018

Neurosurgery



This is a hard post for me to write, so its going to be short and to the point.  We took Kinley to Seattle this past week to meet with the neurosurgeon.  He was amazing, and so incredibly kind not only to us, but to Kinley as well.  He said she has the real deal here, and needs surgery.  Tim and I had already done our research on this doctor, so we knew we trusted him to do the surgery.  So while we were there, we got Kinley scheduled for surgery on February 20th.  She had to get a CT done so he knows how thick her skull is for when he places the screws in her skull for positioning during the surgery.  She also had to get lab work done and had her anesthesia consult.


It was a long day at the children's hospital.  We had both girls with us, and they did amazing.  The name of the surgery is Posterior Fossa Decompression with Duraplasty.  Lots of big, scary words.  I'm still in denial that my baby is having brain surgery. I know Kinley is going to be my strength through all this.  She is so strong and such a light.  My tough little trooper!   

No comments: