Tuesday, December 22, 2015

7 Years Old


Dear Carter, 
Today you turned 7 years old.  Is that even possible?  I feel as if it was just yesterday I was holding my fragile, sick baby boy for the first time.  I wish I would have been able to see into the future on that day you were born.  I would have neve dreamed the amount of energy you have today!!  You are constantly using the couch as a gymnastic mat, flipping off it, and jumping in the air.  I find you standing on your head more then your feet.  
In school, you are excelling at reading, spelling and math.  You are reading close to a third grade level and you have yet to miss a word on your spelling test all year!  Mrs. Hamy is teaching you Spanish and you bust out random Spanish words all day long.  At your holiday programs, you belted out your lines like a pro.  I have to admit, I got a tad teary eyed listening to you say your lines in a room full of 300+ people.  We used to worry you might not even be able to speak, so standing up there partaking in a play was beyond anything I dreamed of after you were first born.
You are excited to get back into soccer this spring.  I loved watching you run around on the field scoring goals and high fiving your tream mates.  
One of the things I love most about you Carter is your deep love for your family.  The first thing you want to do when you get home from school is get Addison up from her nap.  You love to play with your sisters, and even love to get them into trouble some times.  
I love you Carter Joseph.  You are an amazing little boy, and I thank God every day for the light you bring into our lives.  Have a wonderful 7th year Carter! 
Love Forever, Mommy


No comments: