Wednesday, June 26, 2013

First Party

We had such a wonderful day celebrating Kinley's First Birthday.  Some of our dear friends joined us to celebrate our little lady.  I made Kinley a ladybug cake.  It was so much fun!  And, I am pretty proud of how it turned out!!!  Tim rolled his eyes at me when I told him I wanted to make a cake for her, but he was happy to let me do it since he was on call the day I was going to be making it.  (Apparently I get a little uptight when constructing these cakes...)  I first made her smash cake.  And, I was super proud of how it turned out.  And then I tackled the big cake and it just got even better!  What a fun thing to do!!!  
We had a BBQ with hamburgers and lots of good food.  Tim set up games to play in the yard, and we had fun just hanging out.  Then it was cake time!
Kinley really enjoyed her cake.  I knew from her personality that she was going to get into it and do justice to that ladybug!  Oh boy did she have fun!!!
Thank you to all who helped celebrate our sweet girl!!  What a blessing she is to our family!!!

1 comment:

Lindsay Lauridsen said...

Those cakes are so cute!